Gear Advisor Pro
The Gear Advisor Pro builds strong relationships with customers by providing solutions through consultative selling. This role is the primary link between Jenson USA and its customers.
- Shows our customer the love at every opportunity!
- Achieves the department’s goals through individual accountability and collaboration with team members, demonstrating a highly motivated attitude.
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on industry changes, new products, and trends.
- Uses sound judgment in competitive situations to gain market share.
- Remains accessible in the phone queue, responding to incoming calls to promote sales.
- Manages live chat to promote sales.
- Builds an immediate rapport with customers via phone, chat, email and text.
- Engages with and advises customers to determine the gear (product) that best meets the customer’s needs.
- Develops long-term relationships with customers through follow-up on current and past orders. Anticipates customer’s needs and identifies opportunities for up- and cross-selling.
- Keeps detailed notes of customer interactions to ensure appropriate follow-up and follow-through.
- Responds to customers' technical and compatibility questions.
- Resolves order and inventory problems by investigating data and history, identifying alternate means for filling orders, and notifying managers and customers of resolutions.
- Resolves escalated issues via telephone, email, and chat in a way that builds trust.
- Collaborates with the team to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals.
- Supports team members in the achievement of individual and team goals.
- Provides guidance and instruction to employees with less bicycle expertise.
The successful candidate should have a strong interest and passion for bicycles, as well as prior sales experience inside the bicycle or lifestyle industry, or expertise from a similar industry that can be applied to the bicycle industry.
- High school diploma, or GED equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of industry or bike shop experience and demonstrated sales experience.
- Highly motivated sales attitude.
- Exceptional collaborative and team-building skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Computer literate to use or learn other software programs.
- Remote options are available for CA and OR residents only.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Road and Mountain Bikes.
- A college degree in a related field.
Skills/Abilities We Look For
- Adaptability- demonstrates flexibility with change.
- Organization- effectively balances conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure completion of essential projects and meets critical deadlines.
- Proactive Anticipation of Needs- utilizes analytical skills and broad understanding of the business to effectively address problems and act to prevent them.
- Communication- listens to understand the needs; speaks with confidence using clear and concise language, produces well-thought-out professional correspondence that is free from grammatical and spelling errors.
- Service-Oriented- interacts professionally with leaders, customers, vendors, and team members. Promptly responds to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
- Team Player- works as a competent member of the team, willing to support others.
- Computer Familiarity- proficient in using standard office equipment. Demonstrates advanced proficiency by adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills.
- Judgment- exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction. Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person when necessary.
- Initiative- works effectively while asking for direction when needed.
Your application has been successfully submitted.