Gear Advisor Pro
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Gear Advisor Pro builds strong relationships with customers by providing solutions through consultative selling. This role is the primary link between Jenson USA and its customers.
- Shows our customer the love at every opportunity!
- Achieves the department’s goals through individual accountability and collaboration with team members, demonstrating a highly motivated attitude.
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on industry changes, new products, and trends.
- Uses sound judgment in competitive situations to gain market share.
- Remains accessible in the phone queue, responding to incoming calls to promote sales.
- Manages live chat to promote sales.
- Builds an immediate rapport with customers via phone, chat, email and text.
- Engages with and advises customers to determine the gear (product) that best meets the customer’s needs.
- Develops long-term relationships with customers through follow-up on current and past orders. Anticipates customer’s needs and identifies opportunities for up- and cross-selling.
- Keeps detailed notes of customer interactions to ensure appropriate follow-up and follow-through.
- Responds to customers' technical and compatibility questions.
- Resolves order and inventory problems by investigating data and history, identifying alternate means for filling orders, and notifying managers and customers of resolutions.
- Resolves escalated issues via telephone, email, and chat in a way that builds trust.
- Collaborates with the team to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals.
- Supports team members in the achievement of individual and team goals.
- Provides guidance and instruction to employees with less bicycle expertise.
The successful candidate should have a strong interest and passion for bicycles, as well as prior sales experience inside the bicycle or lifestyle industry, or expertise from a similar industry that can be applied to the bicycle industry.
- High school diploma, or GED equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of industry or bike shop experience and demonstrated sales experience.
- Highly motivated sales attitude.
- Exceptional collaborative and team-building skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Computer literate to use or learn other software programs.
- Remote options are available for CA and OR residents only.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Road and Mountain Bikes.
- A college degree in a related field.
Skills/Abilities We Look For
- Adaptability- demonstrates flexibility with change.
- Organization- effectively balances conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure completion of essential projects and meets critical deadlines.
- Proactive Anticipation of Needs- utilizes analytical skills and broad understanding of the business to effectively address problems and act to prevent them.
- Communication- listens to understand the needs; speaks with confidence using clear and concise language, produces well-thought-out professional correspondence that is free from grammatical and spelling errors.
- Service-Oriented- interacts professionally with leaders, customers, vendors, and team members. Promptly responds to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
- Team Player- works as a competent member of the team, willing to support others.
- Computer Familiarity- proficient in using standard office equipment. Demonstrates advanced proficiency by adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills.
- Judgment- exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction. Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person when necessary.
- Initiative- works effectively while asking for direction when needed.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We Keep You Pedaling